- Prolific summer blooms in shades of purple, yellow, pink, red, or white
- These flowers are irregular in shape and arise from the leaf axils; they may be solitary or in small clusters.
- Flowers in Spring and Summer
- Brightly colored foliage in shades of red, pink, and white. Excellent as a border plant or planted in groups.
- Ask our Landscape Advisors for specific varieties to meet your needs. Do not plant until the ground warms in late Spring.
- Prefers moist, well-drained, highly organic soil.
- Some of these will need to be in shade others will do fine in sunny areas.
- These super-sized, free-flowering garden annuals are valued for their vigorous, bushy growth habit and large, boldly colored.
- Flowers from spring until frost.
- Excellent plants for the middle of the border or in large patio containers.
- There are different types of begonias.
- Prolific summer blooms in shades of pink, rose, and white.
- Excellent in flowerbeds that receive hot reflected sun.
- Pinch the plant back when young to encourage bushy growth and added flowering.
- One of the most popular annual flowers.
- Colors include red, pink, white, purple, blue, yellow, and bi-colors. Masses of flowers almost completely cover the plants from Spring through all Fall.
- Will tolerate light frosts.
6. Purple Heart
- The fleshy leaves are covered with pale hairs and form a sheath around the stem.
- From midsummer through fall, and sporadically at other times, relatively inconspicuous pink or pale purple flowers with bright yellow stamens are produced at the ends of the stems.
- Grow purple heart in full sun for best color development; plants growing in shade tend more to green than purple.
- Purple heart can be used in beds, cascading in baskets, or as a houseplant.
- Rust color with a border of an almost yellow.
- There are different varieties of coleus.
- Some of them do well in the shade but some others work well in the sun.
- Beautiful clusters of pink, violet, red, or white.
- Blooms from summer through fall.
- Star-shaped flower clusters attract butterflies.
- Excellent planted in masses of one color in beds or borders.
- Will benefit from afternoon shade.
9. Moss Rose
- Heat tolerant plant with flowers in shades of red, pink, white, yellow, and orange from summer through Fall.
- Flowers may be single or double. Great for rock gardens or ground cover.
- Will withstand high temperatures, drought, and bright sunlight.
- Made up of multiple layers of overlapping petals with the petals getting smaller and more condensed towards the center of the flower
- The blooms may be single or double colored and can be varieties of yellow, orange, red, and maroon.
- Marigold flowers are available year-round with a peak season in the summer and fall months.
We here at MasterScapes are the real landscaping professionals. We are pleased to be the one-stop business for all of your landscaping needs. We will do all the work for you so that there is nothing left that you have to do. The end result will be an amazing and colorful-looking yard. Contact us today for any and all landscaping needs.